11.08.2007

show & tell: narrative

Growing up, and even to this day, one of my favorite children's authors has been Robert Munsch. You may remember him as the author of the book 'Love You Forever.'

One of my absolute favorite stories by him is 'Purple, Green and Yellow.' I tried to include an iMovie, which was a project I did during undergrad. I was lucky enough to find that on his website, Munsch includes readings of his books, so I was able to use that in my project.

I'll give you a brief summary of the book:

It's about a girl named Brigid, who wants a set of markers, but her mom is concerned she'll draw on the walls, floors and on herself. So she asks for the markers that wash off with water. But when she gets bored with those, she wants the set of markers that smell, so she gets those as well. And again, she becomes bored. Then she tells her mom she wants the super-indelible-never-come-off-till-you're-dead-and-maybe-even-later markers. She gets bored with these as well, and decides to draw all over herself. She tries to wash off the marker and of course, it doesn't work. She remembers the marker at the bottom of the box that will color you your original color, so she uses that to return to normal. But, when her mom asks her to wash up for dinner and Brigid tells her mother she's already done so, her mother smells her hands...no soap! So she takes Brigid into the bathroom and the 'return to normal' marker wears off to reveal a colorful Brigid! The doctor comes and gives her a pill that makes her invisible and Brigid again takes her 'return to normal marker' and colors herself back in...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I loved Robert Munsch, and especially 'Love you Forever.'