11.12.2007

everlasting elegance


A few people were asking what I used to make the 'milk in my cereal bowl for project 6, so I figured I'd share some info on it.

I got Everlasting Elegance at AC Moore...it's somewhat pricey -- around $14, but depending on how much you use, it should last you the entire project. I used about 1/5th of the bottle for machette I brought in last Saturday. I added white and red acrylic paint to give it the 'froot loop' milk color.

Despite the price, this is the only product like this that dries to a hard resin, as opposed to the gel ones out there.

For my next phase, I'm going to try using tacky glue with a touch of red food coloring instead of Everlasting Elegance.

Speaking of project six, can anyone think of a cereal I could use instead of Froot Loops? Amy suggested that I look for something with different shapes. I was at the grocery store last night and I didn't see anything. Trix used to be all the different shapes of fruits, but they went back to 'puffs.'

1 comment:

m4rk said...

i didn't really agree with her suggestion. i was really pleased with the loops. your cereal doesn't necessarily need to be (any more) visually stimulating, since the mood it's supposed to capture is one of guilt and sadness.

but that's just me, and i don't give out grades. (nor do i have any advance degrees in anything, much less graphic design!)